A comprehensive, affordable scheme of work to teach Computing in your school, and ensure your pupils are safe, responsible and effective users of technology.
All of our curriculum packages include access to the new Sheffield Primary Computing Scheme of Work 2017. The successful Sheffield Primary Computing Scheme of Work for 2015 has been fully revised and improved according to feedback from teachers and national developments in thinking on computing. The new scheme enables children to create, refine and critically evaluate digital content as safe, active and creative participants of our digital world. The revised scheme contains:
- Greater detail in activities to support non-specialists
- A new Key Skills strand to ensure pupils are equipped to access the full curriculum using school technology
- A large bank of resources to support units, including sample code, lesson plans and links to web-based resources
- Explicit links to Online Safety in relevant units (starred units are linked with the Sheffield Safeguarding Children’s Board Scheme of Work), plus a focus on Digital Literacy to help our pupils become more discerning users of technology
- Links to key Maths and English topics
- Alternative delivery suggestions, for schools using tablets, with a physical computing appendix using Code Bugs
- Progression statements for each unit for pupils who are entering, developing and secure, that can be used for assessment. The Progression documents can be downloaded for free here: Sheffield Primary Computing Progression Framework.
- A Foundation Stage 2 Computing Toolkit, giving ideas for using technology across FS2. See here for more information.
“I was really impressed with the new Scheme of Work – it seems so accessible for teachers to use regardless of their personal confidence or skill level. The list of tasks and suggested learning approaches means all children will be given a chance to succeed in Computing no matter what IT systems a school uses. Great work!” – Jim Dugmore, Headteacher