*Updated Scheme available for 2019/20 – free to all Learn Sheffield core subscribing schools!*
A comprehensive, affordable scheme of work to teach Computing in your school, and ensure your pupils are safe, responsible and effective users of technology.
The new scheme enables children to create, refine and critically evaluate digital content as safe, active and creative participants of our digital world. The revised scheme contains:
- New detailed Learning Journeys through the programming and algorithms units.
- A large bank of resources to support units, including sample code, lesson plans and links to web-based resources
- Explicit links to Online Safety in relevant units (starred units are linked with the Sheffield Safeguarding Children’s Board Scheme of Work), plus a focus on Digital Literacy to help our pupils become more discerning users of technology
- Links to key Maths and English topics
- Progression statements for each unit for pupils who are entering, developing and secure, that can be used for assessment. The Progression documents can be downloaded for free here: Sheffield Primary Computing Progression Framework.
- A Foundation Stage 2 Computing Toolkit, giving ideas for using technology across FS2. See here for more information.
You can download a sample of the new scheme of work here: Sheffield Primary Computing Scheme of Work Sample.
Please contact Sue Finnigan for more information: email@example.com.
The complete document is free for schools for Learn Sheffield Core subscribers, and schools that buy into one of our subscription packages. It can be bought as a standalone product by schools for £500.