Here is a collection of useful resources and helpsheets. Click on the title link to view or download the resources. More items will be added in the future.
Programming/Computational Thinking Resources
- Scratch Basics – getting started helpsheet (PDF)
- Scratch – Forever Loops – how to create an aquarium screensaver in Scratch, Unit 5.3 (PDF)
- Bee-Bot Command Cards – create your own command cards to build programs using the BeeBots (Word)
- Bee-Bot Jigsaw Cards – create your own jigsaw piece command cards for building programs (the preview is distorted, download to see correct version) (PPt)
- Scratch commands with Communicate in Print support (Communicate in Print file)
- Scratch commands – (Word)
- Loopimals resources – plan sequences/simple algorithms using the Loopimals app using these resources (PPt)
- Minibeast Rhythms – Scratch activity to look at sequencing, loops and simple algorithms using the rhythm of the words in order.
- Getting Dressed Activity – Scratch activity to teach the importance of the order of instructions in an algorithm.
- There are also some Scratch Resources for SEND students here (these are also ideal for use with KYFS, KS1 and 2).
Video and Animation Resources
- How to Green Screen – helpsheet on green screen film-making (PDF)
- How to Make A Stop-Motion Animation – video for students on getting started with animation
iPads and other Tablets
- iPad for Computing ideas (PDF)
- Toolbar – Video guide to show how to set up different profiles with a bespoke set of tools
- Sound – Video guide to show how to record sound into a flipchart
- Desktop Annotation – Video how to guide on annotating over the desktop
- Desktop Tools – Video how to guide to the desktop tools
- Applying two actions to an object – Video guide to show how to change shape and position of an object using a single action
- Size and Position of Objects – Video how-to guide for finding the position of an object and applying an action to move it when clicked