The Sheffield eLearning Team offers a holistic service, offering integrated curriculum and technical support for schools. We customise your package to support the school’s priorities, but previous examples include:
- enhancing staff confidence through CPD, e.g. use of interactive whiteboards, learning platforms and other web-based technologies
- supporting the effective implementation of mobile devices across the curriculum to enhance pupil progress
- providing equipment loan and training on the use of educational games to improve reading and writing for SEN pupils
- supporting students with communication difficulties using tablets to organise work and improve homework
- advising on best practice with regard to delivering the computing curriculum, together with providing exciting opportunities for pupils to engage in app development and physical computing, enhancing creativity and employability.
- enhancing literacy outcomes for KS4 pupils using web-based tools.
We also have a large range of technology that can be borrowed by subscribing schools on short-term loan, for example iPads, Android tablets, Lego Robots, Raspberry Pi, animation kits, data logging kits, and video cameras.
We also now offer Learning Innovation Packages for Secondary Schools, targeting specific school needs. You can find out more information about these here.
Secondary School Packages
|Annual Package||Cost 2016/17||Days of Consultant Support||Other||Contact|
|Secondary Standard||£2125||5||Phone/email support; central course places||Sue Finnigan/Catherine Elliott (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com)|
|Secondary Enhanced||£3750||10||Phone/email support; central course places||Sue Finnigan/Catherine Elliott (email as above)|
|Learning Innovation Package||From £500||Varies according to package||Click here for more information|
|Bespoke Technical Support||Price on application||tbc||David Houston, firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Sheffield KS3 Computing Scheme of Work is free to all of our subscribing schools. It is mapped to the new Programs of Study for KS3, and provides a framework for delivering all aspects of the new curriculum, with links to resources.
Scheme of Work Overview: