The Sheffield eLearning Team offers a holistic service, offering integrated curriculum and technical consultancy for schools.
As part of the Learn Sheffield core subscription, subscribing schools in each locality have access to our Primary Computing scheme of work and Online Safety Curriculum, plus two twilights to support one or both of these areas.
For additional bespoke training, access to loan equipment, free places on courses and targeted consultant support, schools can subscribe to our service through Services to School.
Examples of how we can support your school:
- Advice and training to help teachers deliver an excellent computing curriculum
- Advice on how to implement tablets to enhance literacy and numeracy outcomes
- An ICT healthcheck
- Advice on procurement of technology
- Advice and training on supporting SEND pupils using technology
We have a large bank of technology that can be borrowed by subscribing schools, for example iPads, Android tablets, Bee-Bots, animation kits, Code Bug, FS2 technology kits and digital still/video cameras.
Sheffield Primary Computing Scheme of Work
All of our curriculum packages and the Learn Sheffield core subscription include access to the Sheffield Primary Computing Scheme of Work, which has been fully revised and improved according to feedback from teachers and national developments in thinking on computing. The scheme enables children to create, refine and critically evaluate digital content as safe, active and creative participants in our digital world. The revised scheme contains:
- Greater detail in activities to support non-specialists
- A new Key Skills strand to ensure pupils are equipped to access the full curriculum using school technology
- A growing bank of resources to support units, including sample code, lesson plans and web-based resources
- Explicit links to Online Safety in relevant units (starred units are linked with the Sheffield Safeguarding Children’s Board Scheme of Work)
- Alternative delivery suggestions, for schools using tablets, with a physical computing appendix using Code Bugs
- Progression statements for each unit for pupils who are entering, developing and secure, which can be used for assessment
- A Foundation Stage 2 Computing Framework, giving ideas for using technology across FS2
The scheme can be bought as a standalone product, please contact Catherine Elliott for enquiries, firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information and to view sample units, click here.
“I was really impressed with the new Scheme of Work – it seems so accessible for teachers to use regardless of their personal confidence or skill level. The list of tasks and suggested learning approaches means all children will be given a chance to succeed in Computing no matter what IT systems a school uses. Great work!”
Jim Dugmore, Headteacher
Scheme of Work Overview:
Please refresh the page if not showing, or download below.